PCC 502 on the one test
run made by a 1946 St Louis built PCC car car in Louisville. The car was
reloaded aboard a flat car and shipped to Cleveland. All-electric PCC car
502 was the second of the first 15 PCC's (501-515) which went to Louisville
for testing around the 29th Street carbarn before their sale to Cleveland.
The last 10 cars (516-25) were shipped directly to Cleveland from St. Louis
Car Company and all 25 cars ran in that city before they were resold to
Toronto in 1952 (although these cars could have gone to Philadelphia to
re-equip route 26-Olney Avenue).
Photo taken in 1946.
Caption data from Dennis
Bill Volkmer Collection
to Main Page