#1097 built 1910 by Cincinati
Car Co is at the turnstile station at Churchill Downs, where, judging
by the dash ad, the state fair was held that year. the trailer is a 1923
Kuhlman Car Co. built center door car, a sister of power car 774. Trailer
operation was quite common on the more heavily traveled lines and indeed
the last line, 4th Avenue , had trailers until the end.
Caption data from John W.
Harry L. Porter Collection
to Main Page