Click to go back Back
The Connecticut Company Predecessor
Torrington and Winchester Street Railway
Click to go forward Forward
The Torrington and Winchester became the Torrington and Winsted Division of the Connecticut Company in 1915. It was always isolated from the rest of the CTCo system and was abandoned in 1929.

A one and a half mile branch served Highland Lake. Car 16 was one of a group of 8 open cars 15-22 built in 1897.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection from Ted Taetsch

usr_m_ctco_pred_tawsr_016_bv+ttae_twsr01.jpg

Click to go Back Click to go Forward



Back to Connecticut Co Predecessor Operators
Back to Connecticut Co
Back to www.newdavesrailpix.com